Saturday, September 26, 2009

Spice Of Life




It's that time of year.......I can feel Fall preparing her grand entrance. I am thankful. I love the smell of these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins baking in the oven. It's delicious scent drifts up the stairs and tickles noses of sleeping boys. I smile knowing that I will soon hear sleepy shuffling feet, hug strengthening muscles of emerging men and see boyish grins of expectancy. Oh, how I love these boys!

Days seem to have a good feel about them. There's a better pattern to life with school in session. I anticipate fall every year. I love it. Pumpkin spice nurtures the soul in our home whether baked in warm oven, candle lit on hearth, or seeing a welcoming, plump friend on my porch. My heart is happy. I, in turn, want to nurture the hearts of the loved ones in my midst.

My face turned upward in gratitude to the One who created pumpkins, pumpkin spice, and a heart full of thankfulness because He did.......


......I love fall. I love Him.

No comments: