Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grateful for Tender Care




Luke 12:6-7

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.





Psalm 84

1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD Almighty!

2 My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.

3 Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.


Each day, I am seeing new things. After my hubbie lovingly created a bird feeder for my kitchen window, I have been delighted by little birds. I have been delighted by growing young men and their deepening love for His creation. The giggles and awe of watching flying creatures, with personalities, sustain themselves.... a daily grace. Sparrows are precious. Little. Ordinary. I can relate. No bright showy red to catch the eye. No size to admire greatness. No food for a meal. Just a bird. A plain 'ole bird. I like them.

"The sparrow has found a home." Home. That's what holidays stir in these days. The beckoning of coming home. Planning for it. Dreaming of it. Yearning for it. A beautifully set table, steaming bowls of love ready for the consuming, happy chatter with loved ones. I think of earthly home. I want to dream, plan, yearn for the home that never fades away.....heaven. Home with beloved saints of old and those treading this dirt today. Oh how lovely to be home! What peace! Oh the comfort!

This little sparrow, so lovingly held in my son's boy/man hands and cared for gently for a time, went home. It's nest close to the altar. The picture, a reminder of His tender care, love for His created ones, and that we share His attention. He knows when the sparrow will fall to the ground and where........and He let this sweet, little one touch us, showing great and mighty things we know not, in new ways.......His tender care.


holy experience